Botox is a plastic surgery procedure intended for the face. Today, we are going to discuss the process of a Botox injection, the benefits of a Botox injection, and possible side effects of it. In cosmetics, Botox is a process of injection into the face in order to prevent wrinkles by paralyzing facial muscles. It utilizes a toxin known as botulinum toxin for the process. Alternatives to Botox that utilize the toxin include Xeomin, Myobloc, and Dysport.
Botox injections have a number of potential benefits. Botox injections can:
- Be used to reduce the appearance of aging by preventing wrinkles
- Be used to prevent repetitive neck spasms
- Be used to prevent excess sweating
- Be used to prevent an overactive bladder
- Be used to assist in fixing crossed eyes
- Be used to help with clinical migraine pain
The injection is popular among people of age who have to make a good impression with others, such as politicians and managers, as it creates the impression of youth and vigor. As mentioned, the injection is not only for cosmetic purposes – people can also use it to improve parts of their bodies.
Potential side effects and potential harm related to Botox injections
On the other hand, there are potential side effects the can come as a result of having a Botox injection that may ward people away from trying it. These potential side effects and issues include:
- From 1989 to 2003, 28 people died of non-cosmetic Botox use
- The Canadian government suggested that it may be linked to respitory failure, muscle weakness, difficulty swallowing, and breathing problems.
- Pregnant women are advised to avoid Botox injections
- A reduction in one’s ability to frown
- A reduction in one’s ability to smile
Now that you’ve read up on all of the benefits of a Botox injection as well as the possible side effects that could come with one, it’s important for you to make the decision on your own as to whether you want to have the treatment or not. As discussed, the actual Botox cosmetic procedure is not the result of deaths, but the fact that the toxin utilized for Botox cosmetic surgeries can cause death might turn people off.
On the other hand, people may be willing to dive in with a trusted professional if it means reducing wrinkles or perhaps even preventing other parts of their body from being so active and bothersome. If you’re on the fence, you can do a Google search to find some more in depth coverage, plus you can find a good Botox specialist by doing a Google search. Many popular specialists utilize plastic surgery marketing and other facets of Plastic Surgery SEO get their practice noticed.